Parents may requests information regarding the professional qualifications of a student's classroom teachers, including:
• Whether the teacher has met State qualifications and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
• Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which state qualification or licensing criteria have been waived.
• The baccalaureate degree major of the teacher and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree.
• Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
• Information on the level of achievement of the parent's child in each of the State academic assessments as required under this part.
Please contact Randy Willis at (843) 386-2066 or Randy Smiley at (843) 386-2358 to answer any questions you may have concerning the qualifications of your child's teacher.
PARENTS OF CHILDREN WHO ARE ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS
We encourage parents of children who are English Language Learners to contact Randy Smiley at 386-2358 with any concerns or ideas about their children or the schools in which they attend. We offer services that can assist you and your child.